Our Mission and Values
- To identify and support local partners in Wellega, Ethiopia, in order to stimulate
sustainable community development.
Beliefs and Values
- equal opportunities
- empowerment of local communities
- respect for cultural values and beliefs
- non-discrimination on the grounds of age, gender, religion or political views.
The Project Process
- to identify local Ethiopian partners;
- to communicate with these partners who will identify projects which we can
- once identified, to agree to resource, monitor and assess the ongoing management of
- to identify ways of funding.
- Preliminary work will involve a needs assessment related to community requirements
and human and financial resources.
- This will identify if a project is:
- likely to attract sufficient local commitment
- suitable for our backing
- in need of more extensive funding.
Project Time Scales
- Projects will have a time-limited framework.
- Our main aim will be to ensure a project's sustainable future.
- There may be a continuing link with the institution.
Visits to Ethiopia
- will be planned to identify and monitor projects with our Ethiopian partners on a
- will be structured and purposeful;
- will preferably be in small groups of three or four people.
Aims in Our Project Areas
- Educational Institutions
- To enable communities to develop their educational institutions with
an emphasis on literacy, health and nutrition.
- To enable communities to improve their health through improved water
supply and fixed health facilities, and through nutritional improvement and health
- Training skills
- To enable communities to provide appropriate tralning in the fields
of health, education, and practical and development skills.
- To promote the sustainable use of natural resources.
- Jan Greet Memorial Fund
- To improve the situation of women.