Water and Environment
We aim to facilitate the improvement of water supply and to promote the
sustainable use of natural resources.
- Rehabilitation of rural water supplies in Nekemte area, assisted by two grants from
the German Embassy totalling 12,000 Euros.
- Spring capping and improved wells for clean rural water supplies.
- Water supply and toilets provided or improved for 10 schools.
- Thousands of trees planted for a school-based wood growing project.
- Community forestry tree planting projects at three rural schools - Haro Fayissa,
Diriba and Sorga.
- New girls' toilets for Nekemte Primary School.
- Spring capping - 5 more springs capped during the last dry season.
- Fuel-efficient wood stove manufacture.
(Click on a picture for a full-size version and a slideshow.)